Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pray About It

Not By Bread Alone: August 2006:

"Pray about it... Spirit Daily - Daily spiritual news from around the world:

'The key is the word 'balance,' which means not to go overboard. If we pray, God will let us know which foods, herbs, spices, vitamins, and drinks best fit our unique bodies -- and will guide doctors who may be needed to assist us. He will also let us know what to eat if we pray not only when we are ready to eat but before we decide what to buy at the store!' This is THE message that we should be putting out about the journey to health...pray! I often get hooked into one particular 'method' or other and in my excitement want to just tell everyone...which is ok I guess...as long as I don't fail to mention how that 'method' came about. However, one problem that I've seen arise from telling someone to 'pray' over it is that it sounds trite. We perhaps hear it so often that it loses its full impact...so it goes in one ear and out the other. Or we think that 'pray over it' means to request a miraculous healing...which ofcourse is within God's power. However the most important thing that can come out of prayer is 'relationship'...walking hand in hand with Jesus. Today...let me be aware of His presence in my life and especially on how it applies to my health and well being."


Another oldie but goodie.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Essy: I like the direction of this new (renovated?) blog. Rather than just focussing on food, eating or weight, you focus on balance and what helps you achieve that balance. I agree that prayer helps us sense God's will and how to achieve 'health' for our own bodies. No 2 people will need exactly the same nutrients. So we need to ask God's guidance to understand what, when and how much to eat. Moreover tuning into God's voice through the Holy Spirit will help us also tune into our body signals, which can tell us what to do and what to avoid (not just how to eat), if we just listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    For some reason I missed this comment. Yes...that's my goal...BALANCE! Ofcourse diet is still a huge part of wellbeing, so I'll probably still write about that quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete