Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 4: A Path of My Choosing

No food can even begin to compare with the satisfaction that comes from basking in His presence. No drink can quench the thirst of the soul crying out for the Lord. --Thin Within p36


One of the most memorable homilies that I've ever heard was at St. Colman's in Brockton over a decade ago. This was pre kids, so it was just me, my husband and our cousins and best friends, Joe and Grace. The four of us would bring it up in conversation long after the event...giving each other silly quizes on it like 'what was the cat's name' lol. Even though I no longer remember who preached it...I do remember the subject. 'Basking in God's presence'...the preacher told us of his cat 'Rinquist' and how at every turn he'd find the cat just lying around in his driveway just basking in the sun'. That cat didn't have to work very hard to be in the sun...he just needed to find the right spot and enjoy it. Same with us in the Son's presence.

For today Lord, may I be able to climb on Your lap and just soak in Your presence...even the midst of my daily chores and routines.

By the way my cousin/friend Joe is now basking in God's full presence in heaven. For the rest of us, we'll just have to settle for a little taste of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment