Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Go forth

USCCB - (NAB) - June 22, 2009:
"Reading 1
Gn 12:1-9

The LORD said to Abram:
'Go forth from the land of your kinsfolk
and from your father's house to a land that I will show you.

'I will make of you a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
so that you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you
and curse those who curse you.
All the communities of the earth
shall find blessing in you.'"


The Lord is not saying...I'm going to bless you greatly and THEN you can GO FORTH and do as I say. That's not how it works. If we wait for that, we may be sitting on our laurels for quite a while. The strength and the grace come as we activate our faith in obedience. We need to step out of 'the land of our kinsfolk' which is whatever our 'comfort zone' is and march directly to 'the land' that He will show us.

No comments:

Post a Comment