Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 3: Going For Godly Goals

"As you listen and draw closer, you will hear God speak specifically to you about His plans for you--plans for a hope and a good future. And as you continue your journey, you will want your own visions, plans and goals to line up with His. Our sincere desire is for you to experience the freedom for which you were created and to catch the vision that God has for your life. Today we will focus on the purpose of life and the blessing of adopting Godly goals."


I'm a great fan of the book 'A Mother's Rule of Life' by Holly Pierlot...it has changed my life. It is an awesome tool to help with setting Godly goals. It shows us the five areas that need to be addressed...Holly calls them the 5 'Ps'. P1= Prayer, P2=Person, P3=Partner, P4=Parenting, P5= Provider. I have prayerfully and with the direction of the Lord set up my own 'rule'by examining each area of my life and seeing what needs to be done on a practical level to maintain it...it is so freeing to see it all in black and white and not have to re-invent the wheel each day on what needs to be done around here. While I'm 'waiting on the Lord'...instead of focusing on my stomach or being tossed everywhere by my ADD tendencies, I instead set out with the grace of God to just do the next thing on my 'rule' aka to-do list. I thereby live in the moment and that is where the Lord meets me...in my regular day to day activities...washing the dishes now becomes a wonderful dialogue with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment