Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

I went out to buy a skirt.

Conversion Diary: I went out to buy a skirt. - The diary of a former atheist

I thought this article (link above) was great. It really explains my own struggles with the whole shopping world...and the 'mirror' in particular.

I took one of those silly facebook quizes yesterday that asked 'how girly are you'...and I was slapped in the face with 'you are 12% girlie'...huh? I'm VERY girlie thank you very much. AH. Well...I think that what fully mature stay at home moms (maybe even homeschooling)that are focused on their kids think of as being 'girlie' or actually the term I like best 'feminine' and what the world things are two different things. Shopping for ourselves is pretty much non existent, hair and make-up? If I get to brush my hair and wash my face with ivory soap, once in the morning then I'm doing just fine thanks. Menicures? Sure...I cut the kids nails pretty regularly...or at least I used to...which reminds me. My own though...I guess they don't mean picking at them, do they? Heals? Sure I own tons of healed shoes...I might even be tempted to wear a pair to church...but quite frankly they are'nt that great for running after kids. I do like skirts though...and to wear my hair long(so be it if it is not colored)...and to take nice long hot baths, and I like pretty things around my home, and to watch chick-flicks...doesn't all that count?

Anyway...just some thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment