Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Responsorial Psalm

USCCB - (NAB) - June 12, 2009: "Responsorial Psalm
Ps 116:10-11, 15-16, 17-18

R. (17a) To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise.

I believed, even when I said,
'I am greatly afflicted';
I said in my alarm,
'No man is dependable.'

R. To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise."


I've been going through pretty severe anxiety lately. I've turned it over to the Lord...and have suffered in (relative)silence, but now I feel Him leading me to post about it...to humble myself and request the prayers of others on the journey with me. I want to be released from this affliction...not so much so that I won't suffer...but so that I can stop focusing on myself. There is nothing like an anxiety attack to magnify every little blurp you may be feeling.

I'm feeling that He wants to do more with this...use this for my benefit somehow. In prayer, I asked Him 'why now, Lord...I have so much that needs to be done'...His response... 'All you need to do is obey Me!'. Wow...ok, Lord...I hear Ya. He goes on to say, 'Be still and know that I am Lord'. I want to cry....

No comments:

Post a Comment