Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

End of week one

I'm down 4.5 lbs...whoohoo...it is unbelievable for me. Anyone who has been with me a while knows how much I struggle for every little half pound. This was amazing and so darn easy. I wasn't hungry and had no cravings...even with tons of candy from Halloween in the house. I feel thinner...lol...especially in my tummy area...my pants fit much better. I feel healthier overall too...even though we've had a bug in the house and both kids sick...I only felt like I was getting sick one day and bounced back up quickly. Normally it would have taken me down and had me laid out for a few days.

I only exercised one day so far, but I'm really hoping that as I feel stronger and more energized I can actually start exercising on a regular basis.

So here we go...week two...please say a prayer for me that I can continue this journey to better health.

4 comments:

  1. I'll certainly pray for you. I'm impressed by your progress. Keep us posted.
    SUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sue...you know that I always appreciate your support. My 'abdominal challenges' haven't been completly resolved yet...but I suppose it takes a bit of time...I can't expect for it to be all 100% resolved instantly. I've added more cheese and beans and so forth...so that could be the culprit. Next week when I re-introduce fruits and whole grains I can cut back on those a little bit and we'll see what happens.

    Essy

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you add foods back, your abdominal reactions may tell you which foods cause those symptoms. Many doctors test for food allergies by having their patients eliminate most common allergen foods and then slowly one by one add each of those foods back.

    I prefer to just do a blood test, because some of the foods which doctors consider 'safe' can also cause allergies. For example, my husband's allergy test showed he is allergic to grapes. Those seem like such an innocent, non allergenic fruit, that I couldn't believe his test results. So when we harvested our red grapes from our grape arbor, I told my husband to do a 'grape challenge' for 24 hours. After not having any form of grapes (raisins, wine, etc.) for almost a year, he ate several bunches. Within 24 hours he got really bad headaches, which ibuprofen wouldn't relieve. He hadn't suffered headaches in months, but never made the connection.

    Hoping the stages of the SB diet help you 'make the connection' ...
    SUE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope week 2 went well for you ... I'm anxious to hear how you feel about going into the 2nd phase ... besides relieved LOL
    SUE

    ReplyDelete