Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blood-Covenant and Communion

Blood-Covenant and Communion : A Catholic Reflection:

"When we receive Holy Communion, we are covenanting to pour out our lives in total love for the Lord, to repent of our sins, be washed in His blood (see Rv 7:14), and to obey the Lord in every detail of our lives. Make a blood-covenant in Holy Communion today on this feast of Corpus Christi."


I'm betting that most of my visitors are not Catholic...so I'm not sure how familiar you are with the fact that we don't have 'altar calls' like other denominations do. However, something that I've heard before really struck me. Communion time is the Catholic's 'altar call'. When we leave our seats and come forward to receive the Body and Blood of our Lord, and the priest says 'the Body of Christ' as he hands us the Host (or places it in our tongues)and we then say 'AMEN'...we are saying so much with that very simple word!

No comments:

Post a Comment