Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Body and Blood

USCCB - (NAB) - June 14, 2009:
"While they were eating,
he took bread, said the blessing,
broke it, gave it to them, and said,
'Take it; this is my body.'"


Today in the church it is the Feast of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. Again...how timely...as I'm dealing with the body both on the TW study and my personal cross of the moment.

I've heard it often throughout the years in different homilies and books that we too are called to be 'Eucharist' to others. While watching Joyce Meyer online yesterday this subject came up again. She read the above passage and then made the point that we are to blessed and then 'broken' before we can be given away as 'food' for others. This 'breaking' is a very important part of our Christian walk. I for one don't much care for it...lol...but then again, I'm not quite there yet anyway. It's good to know that even through the 'breaking', Jesus is right there by our side...and still feeding us with His own Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment