Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

God Is Doing a New Thing

I'm redoing the Thin Within study along with Heidi from God Is Doing a New Thing. I'll use my blog here to post my own reflections on it and to really digest all the wonderful stuff that she is putting out there without taking up too much space on her comments box (even though I plan to make use of that too).
"God wants our hearts to belong to him (not to some 'skinny' ideal or even to some vision of 'health and wholeness!'). As we relinquish our hearts to him, we WILL change from the inside out."


I need to relinquish my own desires in order to embrace His fully...and that means letting go of what I SHOULD weigh, or what size I think I should wear...and even how I need to feel. I know that God loves me more then I love myself and I need to trust that He won't lead me in the wrong path. 'ALL' I need to do is act in obedience to Him and He will take care of the outcome...whatever that may be.
2.) Are you willing to foster an awareness of Jesus' presence in every moment of your life? You can do this in your heart even in the midst of a hustle bustle work schedule or being with your kids or running errands or whatever you do. Truthfully, there is no way to experience the kind of lasting, deep, penetrating transformation that we really need apart from developing an awareness of his constant care and presence with you. Truly, this can be quite simple, but it is NOT easy!


I really hunger for this 'awareness' of His constant care. I think it is when I stray from it that I get myself in trouble and try to grab for it in my own way (and that's never good). It is like the kid from the rich family but yet feels the need to go begging for food at the neighbor's house...how pittiful really.

No comments:

Post a Comment