Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Waiting on the Lord

God Is Doing a New Thing: "I challenge you to begin to wait for physical hunger before you eat. (Yes, I know some may take issue with this phraseology, but I think it fits for people just starting out or others of us who 'pre-empt' hunger by eating for a variety of *other* reasons!). Note when you are drawn to eat and *aren't* hungry and ask God to show you if you are not hungry, what it is that is making you think about food--why are you drawn? Food only satisfies physical hunger. All other 'needs' or wants require something else to be satisfied.

What do you learn about yourself and about God as you wait for physical hunger before eating?"


It is 7:30 PM right now and I've done my fair share of eating outside of hunger already today...so it is time to stop and give it a rest. One little step...

No comments:

Post a Comment