Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The only answer

God Is Doing a New Thing: "I felt God impress upon my heart that maybe someone here can use the encouragement found in some of the words that were a part of the prayer at the end of the chapter...


Lord, You are the only answer to the emptiness I feel when I am not with You. The fullness of Your being is what I crave. The intimacy of Your embrace is what I long for...Help me to make You the first place I run to when I have longings in my heart. I don't want to waste time turning to other things that will never satisfy the need I have for intimacy with You. My soul waits for you, Lord. (Psalm 33:20) Amen."


Thanks Heidi...that's exactly what I needed.

"You see, when I am vulnerable, I am prone to being "needy"--to feeling empty. This is when I can start reaching for anything to fill the emptiness...




As you and I continue the early part of this sojourn we want to ask God to make each of us--I want to ask Him to make ME--to be aware when I am doing this before it happens. This is the crux of much of our disordered behavior and disordered eating. It really isn't about the food, the computer, the books, the busy-ness. It is about my heart, about your heart...and, mostly, about GOD."


Here Heidi touches on the exact thing that I was referring to in my previous post...that when I stray from the awareness of His constant care and nurture is when I start feeling the need for 'self care'. Funny...the name of this blog is 'Nurturing Self' and yet that is the exact thing that I need to get away from. It is not about being a martyr, or rejecting the good things that God brings into our lives...but just making sure that they come from His own hand and in His own timing. All good things come from Him...but He sets proper boundaries for our own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment